Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions. If you have the need to contact a lawyer and may be in a stressful situation, do not hesitate to contact us. There will be a friendly, helpful and caring person on the phone happy to answer all your questions and guide you through the next steps. Call (716) 882-8828.

It’s important to get checked-out by a doctor as soon as possible after any car accident. Depending on the severity of your injuries, this could mean going to the emergency room or to an urgent care center.

In New York State all medical bills will be paid by the insurance company for the vehicle you’re in at the time of the accident. These are called No Fault benefits.

An application must be sent to the insurance company. It is important that the form be filled out correctly and it must be submitted within 30 days from the accident date. Unlike some firms, we will assist you every step of the way with the No Fault process.

The same insurance company that is responsible for your medical bills also has to pay your wages while your out of work. Additional forms must be submitted. Again, unlike some other firms we will help you with your wage claim.

Yes! The insurance company has the right to send you to a doctor of their choosing for an examination. If you don’t attend that appointment you could be cut off from your No Fault benefits.

It won’t cost you anything out of pocket. The attorney fees are contingent on you receiving compensation from the insurance company and will usually be 1/3 of the settlement amount. If for some reason you don’t receive a settlement, then there are no attorney fees.

It isn’t complicated at all. It’s really quite simple and can be done in one short meeting.  Since the consultation is free, you have nothing to lose by making the appointment.

Let us worry about that. We would always want to meet with you and help you in any way we can. If it never amounts to anything it’s no big deal.  However, many times these situations can turn out to be a lot more serious than originally thought. It’s best to have legal representation right away in case it does.

Children are entitled to compensation for their injuries just like everyone else but there are special rules for them. If they’re under 18 the case has to be brought in the name of their parent or guardian so you would have to sign all the paperwork. Any proposed settlement of the case has to be approved by a judge. We are experienced with cases involving children and know how to deal with these special circumstances.